We are always on the lookout for experienced, innovative people to join the team here at Ian Hobbs Technical Services. We look beyond the portfolio and CV, recognising that attitude and vision are just as important as skills and experience.
If you feel you can enrich our existing team, please either browse the job vacancies below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org *strictly no agencies*.
Design & Estimating Project Engineer
Our vision at Ian Hobbs Technical Services is to be nothing less than innovative, responsible and to give true value to our customers through our uncompromising focus on quality.
We owe our success to the continued drive for quality at every stage and every level of Ian Hobbs Technical Services’ operation. From initial site survey, specification and design, through to installation, testing and commissioning we provide first class, professional service. Our after sales services team provide the customer with an attention to detail and post installation peace of mind.
We have an exciting opportunity seeking a Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Cold Room & Ventilation Design/Estimating Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the production of detailed design & product information. You will form a key member of the Project & Design team provide support to both pre- and post-sales functions.
About the Ian Hobbs Technical Services Ltd Team
At the heart of the company is an exceptional workforce, the highly trained forward-thinking engineers, technicians and support staff, who each play a crucial role in maintaining Ian Hobbs Technical Services unrivalled reputation for innovation, reliability and first-class customer service.
About the job:
- Work as a key member of the Project Management and Design Team, taking a proactive role in assisting the Directors.
- Production of detailed quotations for Refrigeration, Air conditioning, Ventilation and Mechanical works, to include site surveys, Designer Risk Assessments, heat load calculations and equipment selection for retail, leisure, commercial industrial projects, value £5K-£500K throughout the Southwest.
- Site surveys to be undertaken as and when required.
- Support prospective customers, acting as the primary resource on product and technical knowledge, helping to resolve any unmet needs or issues clients may have.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and assist in researching and developing new products alongside Sales, Business Development and Product Marketing teams.
- Create client-facing presentations with Proof of Concept, project proposals, solutions, product demos, expense estimates and offer solutions to technical complaints and concerns.
- Proactively offer product insights and solutions to issues and implement either manual or automated solutions that best suit customer needs.
- Build strong relationships with customers, and regularly check-in to ensure continuous relationship throughout.
If you know about the following its a plus:
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated, personable, able to work independently and as part of a Team, and liaise effectively at all levels.
- The successful individual should have excellent written and verbal skills, be fully IT conversant including competent with use of AutoCAD.
- Candidates will possess a proven track record of building strong professional relationships and project management.
- Previous experience within the Refrigeration & Air conditioning industry (or similar) and relevant legislation knowledge is essential, with knowledge of major suppliers / equipment within the market. ONC/HNC qualification in Building Services (Refrigeration / Air Conditioning) preferred.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, personable and confident, possess excellent customer focus, and a team player prepared to occasionally control projects if required during busy periods.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineer
With the continued expansion within the company a vacancy has arisen for a mobile service and maintenance engineer. Responsibilities will include planned and responsive service and maintenance of various refrigeration and air conditioning, chillers and VRV/VRF systems for industry, offices and retail outlets.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong background in repair, planned and reactive maintenance
- Hold a City & Guilds or equivalent HVCA Skills
- Hold a City & Guilds 2078 Safe Handling Certificate or equivalent
- A full driving licence
- Good communication skills
We are looking for hard working committed individuals, who can work on their own initiative Excellent package for the right individual Fully expensed company van provided with all other benefits.
Qualified Installation & Maintenance Electrician
Qualified Electrician, with proven experience working in commercial environments. With City & Guilds 2391(Inspection & Testing), 2382(17th Edition) you must be hard working, reliable and have full UK driving licence.
This varied role will involve installation, planned & reactive maintenance, fault finding & repair of building services & general power & lighting.
Facilities management experience and relevant qualifications would be a distinct advantage along with previous experience of Reactive Maintenance, any additional multi trade skills that you can put your hand to would be an advantage.
Applicants should have a flexible approach to working hours to ensure all of our client’s needs are met.
Fully expensed company van provided with all other benefits.